INSIGHTS INTO ZEN
The traditional culture of ZEN has been passed down through the generations in Japan. These days the concept has been adapted into the more familiar concept of mindfulness and is being widely adopted in to the lifestyles of people around the globe.
In recent years in particular, there is growing scientific evidence to indicate that ZEN (meditation) can relieve stress and boost concentration. Based on these findings, ZEN is taking root not just among individuals, but in the corporate management landscape as well with many leading firms in Europe and the United States implementing Zen programs as part of their benefits for employees.
With ZEN expected to further take off overseas, we believe there will be even more of a focus on evaluating one’s ZEN through feedback and scientifically measuring one’s level of meditation training.
JINS MEME ZEN Mindfulness Program
in Shunkoin Temple
- Participation fee
- 4,000 yen / person
- 01. Lecture about mindfulness by Rev. Taka Kawakami 40 mins
- 02. Explanation on JINS MEME ZEN 10 mins
- 03. Meditation using JINS MEME ZEN 20 mins
- 04. Report and explain findings 20 mins
- Give us a call to sign up! (Within Japan: 075-462-5488 / From overseas:+81.75.462.5488)
- Instructor / Adviser
Rev. Taka Kawakami
All of class is lead in English by the deputy head priest, Rev. Taka Kawakami.
Deputy Head Priest at Shunkoin Temple, Mindfulness Coach, Author, the U.S.-Japan Leadership Program Delegate, TEDx Speaker, LGBT Ally, and Seahawks Fan
- SHUNKO-IN TEMPLE
42 Myoshinji-Cho, Hanazono, Ukyo-Ku Kyoto 616-8035 JAPAN
- Contact us
- Terms and conditions
- To attend the class at 9:30 - 11:00 AM (or occasionally 9:00 - 10:30 AM) , reservations required.
- JINS MEME used in this program are lent out.
- JINS MEME eyewear do not have prescription lenses fitted.
You need to participate in the program with the naked eye or wear contact lenses.
- Group reservations are also accepted.
- ・Reservations are required for programs offered in Japanese.
About the Mindfulness Program System
We have developed a special system that can evaluate the meditation levels of a group of participating individuals simultaneously. For corporations considering implementing this program, please contact Rev. Kawakami via email on email@example.com.
With the JINS MEME ES and ZEN App, you can have your own Zen experience any where you like.
The JINS MEME ES, which use the JINS MEME ZEN App, are available for purchase in stores.
JINS MEME ESは、全国のJINS MEME取り扱い店またはオンラインストアで購入いただけます。
JINS Kyoto Teramachi Store
- 11:00 AM - 20:00 PM
1F, 406-4 Sakuranocho, Teramachi, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8035